Monday, October 1, 2007

Fieldtrips

Every fall, me and my husband drive out to Horicon Marsh--just 1/2 hour away, and take a walk on the trails on the federal half of the marsh. When we weren't empty nesters, we would take the kids. It was kind of a family tradition. We would call it The Goose Walk. The year my son was in kindergarten, we skipped him out of school one day and went to the marsh instead. Today, it was a little drizzly it but still a nice walk. We saw quite a few ducks, some cool marsh grasses, and even a butterfly posing for me on some asters.

Just part of fall in Wisconsin. Of course, we had to stop on the way home for a caramel apple and some apple cider.

Spinning Sunday

I got some spinning done yesterday, in fact I filled this bobbin-- which was only this full the night before. I've been plying this as a 2ply, and hope to have enough for a sweater for me when I'm done. It's really a little more blue and less gray than it shows in the picture. I spin on an Ashford Traveller, which is one of my dearest possessions. Don't set stuff on my wheel if you want to be invited back to my house!












No comments: