Thursday, September 27, 2007

You have to start somewhere


So having thrilled my techno child and started my own blog, the first question is always "Why? The answer is "because I want to". I've enjoyed reading other peoples' blogs, (mostly knitting ones) but I want to add my own opinions. I want to talk about my projects, show pictures of works in progress and works that are done, maybe with the hope of getting more knitting done.




This blog will be mostly about fiber--knitting spinning crocheting. But since this is my blog, anything I feel like saying will be said. (Let's face it, it's probably just going to be me and my kids reading this anyway.) Oh and the reason for the name of the blog? Let's just say that I have a high fiber attic. I tell my husband that yarn is just good insulation. Maybe I'll show pictures of the attic in later posts. Ohhh scary, it's a scary stash. It actually includes some very old yarn, vintage even, like the 100% nylon dazzleaire. Now that's vintage. Most of the stash is now wool, since I've become a spinner, but some of the old stuff still haunts the attic. Actually one of my many projects in progress is an afghan for a family member (names are withheld because of Christmas presents) from some vintage dazzleaire from another persons stash. It's nostalgic, knitting with dazzleaire with short aluminum needles. It's actually a really fun project, and as soon as I take some pictures I post them.



No comments: